Friday, April 4, 2014

Changes

Well, I am noticing some changes. I have lost 8 pounds, but I can't really tell it by looking in the mirror yet. I have too much weight to lose to notice it that quickly. I am, however, noticing that I don't want to eat as much at each meal. That's a good thing, considering how portion control has been such a big issue for me! I also realize that I need variety in my diet. I get bored if I eat the same foods day in and day out. I love you spring strawberries...but I'm afraid we're going to have to part ways, at least for a few days. They say absence makes the heart grow fonder, so we'll see.
I wanted to share with you a couple of the quick meals I've made lately. First of all, pictured is the Turkey wrap with apples lunch. It is made with whole wheat tortillas (I was supposed to use 1 ten-inch, but I only had six-inch available). You take a wedge of Laughing Cow Chive and Onion Cheese and spread it down the middle. Layer 2 ounces of lean deli turkey and veggies. I used green leaf lettuce, tomato, cucumber and red onion. Obviously my tortillas were too small to wrap. Had I used the correct size, I would've used only one. For my side, I had a sliced Gala apple with a Tbsp of peanut butter and tea/lemonade sweetened with Stevia to drink. It was delish!

For breakfast this morning, I had my favorite of all the GF breakfast recipes. I scrambled one egg with a little green onion, salt and pepper, and about a Tbsp of 2% cheddar cheese shreds. Then I toasted a whole wheat English muffin. I Smeared some of my chive and onion Laughing Cow Cheese on each half, added 1 ounce of lean deli ham and the scrambled egg, and called it a breakfast sandwich. I ate this with a cup of sliced fruit (strawberries and bananas). My husband was like, "Um...that looks good!" I'm like, "I'll make you one tomorrow!"  I am really enjoying the healthy food. One of the other changes I've noticed is how much better I feel. It's incredible what a week and a half of better eating will do for you.
I've also noticed other changes in my life...namely, my son. My older son will be 18 in October, and he will graduate from high school next spring. I love him to pieces and can't help but get a little teary-eyed knowing that this last year of school will fly by, and then he'll "fly" away to college. My baby is growing up! Here's a photo I took of him this morning. It's his first day of work. He will be working in a kitchen at the Augusta National Golf Course during the Master's Tournament over spring break. Lucky kid! He wants to earn money for spending, and so he can take his girlfriend to the prom. Ain't he handsome? (wink wink)
I couldn't be more proud of him. This week will be a tough one (for him and me), like my new way of eating, but it will be worth it...and something he'll always remember. Pressing on!

No comments:

Post a Comment