Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Weigh-ins, Chocolate Chips and Strawberries!

This morning, I weighed myself again. I know...some folks say don't get obsessed with the scale; don't weigh so often. I've also read that more people have success with maintenance if they put some of those principles into practice from the start. One of those principles is weighing frequently. It's important to know where your weight is, since it is so easy to let things slide, especially for an "avoider" like me!
Anyway....I am happy to say that I have now lost 12 pounds! So happy! Just 4 more, and I'll be in a new "decade" if you know what I mean. Ha Ha! One thing I have noticed about this weight loss is that even though 12 pounds doesn't seem like much, it has drastically increased my energy! 
I am really excited after looking at some of the recipes from week four of the George Foreman Weight Loss Challenge. They sound amazing, and I can't wait to change it up a bit and try new recipes. Today, I wanted to share with you my favorite treat so far! It is a recipe I got from "The Hungry Girl." She made these on Good Morning America last week, and I had to get the recipe. If you like strawberries, and if you like chocolate, you'll LOVE this one!

Chocolate Chip Stuffed Strawberries
5 large strawberries
2 tbsp light/low-fat ricotta cheese
1 no calorie sweetener pack
1 drop of vanilla extract
1 1/2 tsp mini semi-sweet chocolate chips

Slice the stem ends off strawberries. Use a narrow spoon or knife to remove the whitish flesh inside. (This should leave a significant opening to allow room for filling.)
In a small bowl, mix ricotta, sweetener, and vanilla extract until uniform.
Spoon ricotta mixture into a bottom corner of a plastic bag. Snip off the tip of that corner to create a small hole, and pipe the mixture through into the strawberries. Top with chocolate chips!

This lovely snack/dessert rings in at only 96 calories! Yes....under 100, and oh so yummy!


If you try it, come back here to let me know what you think! Pressing on!




No comments:

Post a Comment