Saturday, June 21, 2014

I Think I Can....I Think I Can....

Simply stated, it has been a rough day. First of all, I had a yard sale, most of which was trying to sell my mom's wardrobe....clothes, shoes, purses, the whole shabang!! Well, guess how much money we made? A whopping thirty dollars! Yep...that's right, a pitiful 30 dollars. Before anyone tells me I should be thankful for the thirty dollars I didn't have before, believe me when I say that I am thankful!  It was just rather disappointing after all of the preparation and work I had put into it. The day just continued to go down hill. It consisted of bickering between the boys, between me and my husband, a friend hurting my feelings....and I could go on and on. Do you know what I wanted to do? I wanted to eat! I wanted to eat carbs! But the difference this time is that I realized that was not the fuel I needed in my body. Yes, I was tempted to scrape the remaining noodles off my son's plate and finish them, but after one bite, I threw it in the trash. It's the small victories, I suppose, that have gotten me slowly and steadily to a 25 pound weight loss! I am proud of that, but I have many lessons yet to learn.
By the way, I will have another yard sale. There were two reasons why it was a flop. One, I didn't advertise, except by signs at the road. Second, it was just too dog-gone hot today! But I digress. Since I was pretty good today, I am going to go make myself Dr. Ian's Chocolate Razzy Smoothie. 

I got this from Rachael Ray's website.

1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
4 tbsp fat free vanilla yogurt
1/4 cup chocolate chips
1/3 cup of skim milk
3 ice cubes
Blend until smooth!  

Sounds yummy, huh? Pressing on!

Dinner last night...Hungry Girl Taco Salad!



No comments:

Post a Comment