Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Staying on a Healthy Path

What a busy and stressful two weeks (this week and next). I have so many things going on and so many people depending on me. I think the schools are trying to cram everything in these two weeks of May. lol
I did have a wonderful Mother's Day. My two boys painted terra-cotta pots and put beautiful flowers in them. Ed cooked breakfast (of heart healthy pancakes with sugar free syrup). I must admit, since paying more attention to what I am eating, I am discovering what things I may have to give up eating. My trigger foods are definitely biscuits and pancakes (those carb laden type things). Once I start, I have a hard time stopping. He then got us KFC roasted chicken for lunch with green beans and potato wedges. Well, I made corn instead of eating the potato wedges, but I did eat one biscuit (VERY hard to eat just one)!
Then supper was leftovers. I was worried about gaining, because I haven't gotten a lot of exercise in due to the business lately. I didn't though. As of mid morning today, I have lost 21 pounds! :) Really happy. I am enjoying eating healthy because not only do I have more energy and feel better, I like finding healthy dishes to try in the kitchen. This morning, I had one egg scrambled with spinach and green onion (YUM), along with a chicken sausage patty (about 60 calories) on a whole wheat English muffin. So what if I have been doing this since March and have only lost 21 lbs.
Photos taken by Wes Hennings at Stevens Creek Church
Mother's Day 2014
If I am in it for the long haul, I have to stop focusing on the number. I genuinely want to be healthier. One of the things I don't mention much is that I have asthma. Less than a year ago, my allergist sent me to a pulmonologist because she suspected that I may have COPD. Well, that scared me, especially considering I'll be the big 50 in August. He said, though, that my breathing AND snoring would improve if I would just lose some weight. He was right, of course. I hope to improve my asthma symptoms as well as lower my blood pressure meds.
Oh...I took prom pictures of these two gorgeous people this weekend. I was pretty happy with the way they turned out. Not bad for an amateur! 

Pressing on!

No comments:

Post a Comment