Thursday, March 27, 2014

Good Food and Exercise

Before I lay out everything I ate today, you must realize that I am using this blog as sort of a journal, and I am hoping that by sharing it publicly, it will help me on this journey to a healthier me. Feel free to give me suggestions, ask questions, and by all means encourage me.
I ate healthy foods today, and I even added some exercise! Breakfast was a fruit parfait. I made it with nonfat Greek yogurt, blueberries, strawberries and Bear Naked Free granola. It was delish!
I didn't snack this morning, so at lunch I was pretty hungry. But I chose wisely. I had a sandwich made with 2 slices of whole wheat bread, and I smeared some Laughing Cow cheese (chive and onion flavor) on each piece. Then I added 2 oz. of lean deli turkey, lettuce, tomato, and red onion. My sides were a handful of black seedless grapes (um....so sweet) and Roma tomato wedges.
Very satisfying! For dinner, I made turkey burgers with a slice of 2% cheddar cheese. I cooked them on the George Foreman grill. I used whole wheat buns, a tiny smear of light mayo, lettuce, tomato, and onion. I wasn't sure how my kids would react to the "turkey" burgers, but they inhaled them! The best part of the meal was the fries on the side. I cut a potato into wedges, tossed them with a little canola oil, salt and pepper, then cooked them on my George Foreman grill. They were AMAZING!  The kids loved them too. Oh...and I did get a little hungry this afternoon, so I had 6 Triscuit crackers with a wedge of LC cheese (if you're not familiar with that...it's only 35 calories and sooo creamy good). After dinner, my neighbor invited me to walk. I did just over thirty minutes. YES! I am proud of myself. I am determined to get healthy, and I refuse to obsess about the scale. If I am serious about living a healthy lifestyle, the weight will come off. In fact, my asthma doctor told me a couple of weeks ago to just start walking 30 minutes a day. Exercising is healthy. The rest will come. Pressing on!

No comments:

Post a Comment