Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Pressing On

This was my breakfast today. I had a breakfast sandwich (whole wheat English muffin with one Laughing Cow cheese wedge and one egg) and a bowl of fruit drizzled with a little local honey, which is supposed to help with allergies, or so I've heard.
Today was another day on the go, so I tried a grilled chicken salad from Zaxby's. It's the House Zalad. I'm not sure about the stats on it, but I know it had those french-fried onion things in it. Still...a lot healthier than a fried chicken sandwich or a burger.
I had a mandarin orange for a snack when I got home. For dinner, we had pork tenderloin. I didn't intend to do pork two days in a row, but it was thawed in the fridge, and I needed to use it. We also had steamed broccoli and a brown rice/quinoa mixture (which I love if I can get past how it looks). I tend to beat myself up when something isn't perfect (like the French-fried onions on my salad), but I have to remind myself that this is going to be a lifestyle change, and this salad, though not perfect, is much better than what I used to eat on the fly! I haven't mentioned much about what I drink with my meals. At breakfast, I have coffee sweetened with Stevia. For lunch, I have either water, tea or lemonade, both sweetened with Stevia. I am trying really hard to pass on the diet sodas. I've heard they can actually stimulate your appetite, and I have enough appetite without them as it is! I wish I could be like my teenager. He drinks only water and occasionally a glass of organic skim milk.
Tomorrow is a new day....and I'm excited because my husband is looking into getting me a better, bigger George Foreman grill. He looked at the Cuisinart ones too. They have the variable temp controls and the removable plates for cleaning. I mainly want something that will cook more than three hamburger patties at a time. Speaking of burgers, I'm gonna make turkey burgers and grilled fries tomorrow. Yep...grilled French fries!
So you may be wondering if I can tell any difference after 3 days of healthier eating. Of course not much...but I'm sure I have had more energy. And BOY have I needed it!
Pressing on!
.

No comments:

Post a Comment